Installation and Setup
The easiest way to install WP SmartPay Pro is to upload the plugin through your WordPress admin area. But we’ll cover how to manually install it via FTP upload as well.
Before you install, you may want to review the system requirements for the plugin. You’ll also need to make sure you have WooCommerce installed and activated.
First, you’ll need to download the WP SmartPay WooCommerce plugin zip file from your purchase email receipt or from your WP SmartPay account.
If viewing your purchase email receipt, simply click the included download link.
From your account area purchase receipt section, just click the download link.
Clicking the download link will initiate a download of the plugin zip file to your computer. Once you have the plugin zip file saved to your computer, log in to the WordPress admin of the site you want to install WP SmartPay WooCommerce on.
Within the admin, go to Plugins > Add New. Then click Upload Plugin.
On the next screen, you should see a Choose File button. Click this and select the WP SmartPay WooCommerce zip file, then click Install Now.
After successful installation, WordPress should ask you to Activate Plugin. Click that blue button and continue.
Upload via FTP
If you install WP SmartPay WooCommerce plugin manually or simply prefer this method, here are the steps.
- Download the WooCommerce plugin zip file from your purchase email receipt or from your WP SmartPay account.
- Unzip the downloaded file on your computer. You should now see a wp-smartpay-woo folder.
- Connect to your WordPress site using an FTP/SFTP program, such as FileZilla, Cyberduck or Transmit.
- Navigate to the wp-content/plugins folder on your site.
- Upload your local wp-smartpay-woo folder to your site’s wp-content/plugins folder. If you are upgrading and the folder already exists, remove its contents before uploading the updated plugin files.
- In your WordPress admin, click on Plugins to view your site’s plugin listing.
- Find WooCommerce Paddle Gateway and click the Activate link.
- When the plugin activation is complete, you’ll need to activate your WP SmartPay WooCommerce license key in order to receive plugin updates and support.
- Go here for more details on how to how to install plugins via FTP upload.